Williamson County
Historical Commission

 

  Shiloh Baptist Church
Historical Marker
Taylor/Thrall, Texas

CR 481 at FM 112 - 15 miles southeast of Taylor on FM112
 
  Marker Text
Founded Nov. 2, 1854, by 18 charter members. Services and revivals were often held under brush arbors at two early meeting sites (located 3 mi. NE and 2 mi. S of here). Building retains its simple pioneer style even with modern interior and siding. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1968
 
 


click on images for an enlarged view

road map 1


road map 2


aerial view


GPS Coordinates
Latitude 30.491876 - Longitude -97.203512




 
  Shiloh Baptist Church Historical Narrative PDF



view Taylor Times article PDF 



 

view more on Taylor and Thrall