Williamson County
Historical Commission

 


Pond Springs, Texas History

 

Pond Springs or Pond Spring was at the intersection of Farm Road 620 and U.S. Highway 183, on Live Oak Prairie nine miles southwest of Round Rock in southwest Williamson County. It was settled in the early 1850s and named for a nearby spring that formed a pond.

Pond Springs was one of the earliest communities in Williamson County, settled before the county was founded in 1848. This Pond Springs School photo was taken in 1898.

 

 

  Photographic policies prohibit reproduction - please contact the Williamson museum for reproduction rights. Your interests and the preservation of the materials will be assured by the observance of these policies and procedures. To inquire about the use or purchase of any of these photographs please contact the museum at 512-943-1670.  

 

click on thumbnail images  for an enlarged view


pic 1085
Pond Springs School & Students, 1910

pic 1128
Karen Thompson at Pond Springs Cemetery
 

pic 2133
Pond Springs
Girl Scouts

pic 2135
Mason Thompson as Boy Scout

pic 2150
Family with Old Car

pic 2151
Pond Springs School, Group of Girls
     

 

 

Pond Springs Community and School Historical Marker

Pond Springs Cemetery

 

 

for more info click on
  
 Pond Springs, Texas 
by The Handbook of Texas Online

 

view other communities pages