Noack, Texas History
Noack is on Farm Road 112 off hwy 79 just south of Taylor in south eastern Williamson County. When Peter Zieschang moved there in 1870 it was established as a Wendish settlement that was called Hochkirk . In 1902, it was renamed Noack when John Ernest Noack became postmaster. The community's Lutheran church was organized in 1891 and was still active in 1984. A school was established there in 1922, and the Noack oilfield was developed in 1933. 2007 has seen Noack shrink as a lot small towns due.
Noack by The Handbook of Texas Online