Williamson County
Historical Commission

 


Hare, Texas History
est.
1880s

Population: 70 (1990)

 

Early grocery store in Hare. Sources disagree on whether the origin of the community’s name derives from the abundant number of cottontail rabbits in the area (“Fuzzy” was the community’s nickname) or from the surname of area pioneers.

 

Gift of Clara Stearns Scarbrough

 

  Photographic policies prohibit reproduction - please contact the Williamson museum for reproduction rights . Your interests and the preservation of the materials will be assured by the observance of these policies and procedures.
To inquire about the use or purchase of any of these photographs please contact the museum at 512-943-1670.

 

located at the cross roads of

FM1331 at FM1063


Hare Laneport High School



note 3 fire place chimneys
the school had 3 big fire places
the only heat they had

 

 

 

 

 

click on thumbnail images for an enlarged view


road map


satellite map 1


satellite map 2

GPS Coordinates
North 30.670391- West -97.273952



 

 

 

view Gordon Family Cemetery, Garden Cemetery

 

for more info click on

Hare  by The Handbook of Texas Online
 

 

view other communities pages