Williamson County
Historical Commission

 

  Wilcox Graves House

Historical Marker Georgetown, Texas

 

 
 

circa 1905

click on photo for an enlarged view

Wilcox Graves House
1403 Olive Street

 

Wilcox-Graves House. 1403 Olive. One and-a-half-story wood-frame dwelling; exterior walls with 117/121 siding; hip roof with composition shingles; hip dormers; front elevation faces west; interior brick chimney; wood-sash double-hung and fixed windows with 1/1 lights; single-door entrance; three-bay porch within front projecting ell; Doric columns, slat-wood balustrade. Other noteworthy features include single, large oval lights in entrance door; narrow oval lights in sidelights; Doric pilasters on front dormer; shingle siding on bases of Doric pilasters; molding over windows; bay window on north elevation with angled corners and stained glass in center window. Outbuildings include double garage and storage building.

Primary area of significance: architecture. A good example of an early twentieth century vernacular dwelling. D. P. Wilcox was part owner of Wilcox Bros. Book and Jewelry Store. Former home of Judge H. N. Graves.

 
     
  view more Historical Markers in Georgetown
view more
Historical Markers in Williamson County
 
     

xx