Williamson County
Historical Commission

 

 

W. J. Burcham House

Historical Marker
Georgetown, Texas

circa 1906


click on thumbnail image for an enlarged view
W. J. Burcham House
1310 College Street

 

  GPS Coordinates
Latitude: 30.63184  - Longitude: -97.67175
UTM 14 R - Easting: 627316 - Northing: 3389354
 

 

Commissioned by a local dentist, this home combines the building skills of lumberman C.S. Griffith of the Griffith Lumber Company with the design talents of Austin architect C.H. Page. It shares with the house at 1415 Ash the distinction of being a professionally designed residential building and is one of only three Georgetown historic homes to feature a gambrel roof. The multi-light window and door treatment is also noteworthy.


Burcham House - Historical Marker
Designed by noted Austin architect Charles H. Page, this home was built for the family of Georgetown dentist William Joseph Burcham (1876-1932) in 1908-09. Both Dr. Burcham and his wife Mayme (1882-1962) were civic and cultural leaders of the community. Features of the Dutch Colonial Revival home include a cross gambrel roof, square brick piers, wraparound porch, and shingled gable ends. The home remained in the Burcham family until 1981.

 

Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1988

 

 

    for more info also view

http://www.georgetown-texas.org/


view more Historical Markers in Georgetown

view more Historical Markers in Williamson County

view view other communities pages