Williamson County
Historical Commission

 

 
San Gabriel Cemetery
Old Georgetown Cemetery
Old Black Cemetery
Blue Hole Cemetery
Georgetown, Texas


10-22-2017

new marker site

click on thumbnail image for an enlarged view

Blue Hole Park Rd at Scenic Dr near
Martin Luther King St (2nd St.) intersection



click on thumbnail image for an enlarged view

History Marker


 
Marker text

  This site on the south bank of the South San Gabriel River, a portion of the land donated by George W. Glasscock in 1848 for the county seat of Williamson County, was used as a burial plot from 1840 to 1902.  Many pioneer citizens lie buried here – Many names unknown and graves unmarked.

 

  Restoration of “The Old Georgetown Cemetery” was begun in 1968 by the Georgetown Historical Survey Committee with the co-operation of the interested people who “Did Not Forget”.



The Richarte High School survey competed in 1997

San_Gabriel_Cemetery_.pdf 

 


 

MP3 audio file (oral history)
on the Old Georgetown Cemetery

-------

text of the presentation
by one of Georgetown's own; J.C. Johnson
he is one of Georgetown's historians

 

aerial view map

 

  GPS Coordinates
Latitude 30.64204 - Longitude -97.68191
UTM 14 R - Easting: 626306 - Northing: 3390673

near
Martin Luther King St (2nd St.) intersection
 




interment listing
also view

View interment list by John Christeson on findagrave.com



view more Historical Cemeteries in Georgetown
view more Historical Cemeteries in Williamson County