Cemetery (also known as Rock House
Cemetery) Historic Cemetery Georgetown - Liberty
Hill - Andice,
Before Clean Up
After Clean Up
This is a small cemetery that falls in
the area between
Georgetown - Liberty Hill - Andice
cemetery is on the home place of Uriah Anderson at the
former community of Rock House. Uriah. H. Anderson
himself (1810-1893) was buried there, but grandchildren
had the body moved in 1966 or 1967 to the Liberty Hill
Cemetery, since the Rock House area was to be covered by
water from a lake to be formed on the North San Gabriel
River. The cemetery is on a bluff overlooking the river.
Apparently the dam was not built, or built elsewhere, as
the Anderson Cemetery still exists, but is abandoned and
deeply covered by ground cover and vines, saplings and
small trees, etc.
To reach the cemetery from Georgetown, take Highway 29
West to the junction with TX 183. Turn North on TX 183
the intersection of FM-3405. Turn East on FM-3405 to the
junction with CR 256. Turn South on CR 256 and drive 0.9
miles to the cemetery entrance which has an unlocked
The property on which the cemetery is located is owned
by the Fournventures Ltd, 16235 Retta Mansfield Road,
Burleson, TX 76028-3036. To receive permission to visit
this cemetery contact the tenant, Jonathan Hamilton, at
1070 CR 256. His residence is the first house around the
turn to the south from the cemetery gate.
On 6 Oct 2012 this cemetery was cleaned by the Boy
Scouts as an Eagle Scout project.
on thumbnail images for an enlarged view