also known as
Densonville and Denison
The Denson Cemetery is all that is left of the old Community.
The cemetery is behind a locked gate
you must get permission to vist.
(The cemetery is located on land owned by Leonard Edward Stojanik, P.O. Box 683, Granger, Texas. Telephone 512-966-2711. He lives on his property. As the gate may be locked it is necessary to call before planning a visit. His brother Howard Stojanic lives near by.)
DENSON, TEXAS. Denson (also known as Densonville and Denison) was a scattered community on Willis Creek six miles northwest of Granger in northeastern Williamson County. The site was settled by members of the Denson family sometime before 1869. The community had, at different times, three different schools named Denson, a cotton gin, and a small store. In 1900 Denson's school served forty-eight pupils. By 1977 only the Denson family cemetery remained at the site.
BIBLIOGRAPHY: Clara Stearns Scarbrough, Land of Good Water: A Williamson County History (Georgetown, Texas: Williamson County Sun Publishers, 1973).
clearing and cleaning the cemetery 2-1-13
click on image for an enlarged view
road Map -1
road map -2
satellite map - 1
satellite map - 2
Latitude: 30.75168, longitude: -97.50049
view Interment listing
view other Williamson County Communities