Williamson County, Texas
established about 1908, consisted of small store west of
Jarrell, moved a short distance to the rail line of the Bartlett
and Western when it was built; near Flat Rock School and the
station stop of St. Luke. "Doc" Davis and Hill "Peg Leg" Casey
ran the store. Dr. Silas McCarty lived near the store in brushy
area, was once kidnapped to tend to a wounded outlaw.
a special thanks to Clara Stearns Scarbrough for this slice of history
BIBLIOGRAPHY: Clara Stearns Scarbrough, Land of Good Water: A Williamson County History (Georgetown, Texas: Williamson County Sun Publishers, 1973).